- Community-Based Art Installations
- Lectures, Workshops & Coaching
- In her new book, I am Compassionate Creativity.
- Online at the Center for Compassionate Creativity
By starting communities off with a common story that weaves in threads of inter-generational care, memory, and the movement of grief, Kali facilitates a process of empathy. Listening to one another, individual’s being to articulate their own stories and point of view so that together, the community can then dream up compassionate and creative ways to better care of themselves and one another.
Kali does this work with individuals and groups within the fields of:
- Theatre Arts
- Civic & Community Engagement
Kali has taught movement, physical play, and creating solo performance at Brown University/Trinity Rep and recently moved to Guilford, Vermont to start her Center for Compassionate Creativity.
Kali has previously performed, directed, or taught for:
- Medical: Full Circle Festival on the Heart & Art of Aging in Burlington Vermont, Creative Medicine Series at Brown University, Artist and Scientists as Partners Symposium at Brown University
- Academic: MIT, Muhlenberg College, Brown University, Trinity Rep, Boston University, Bucknell University, Duke University, McDonogh School, Williams College, Mississippi University for Women, Coastal Carolina, Vermont Academy, Putney School, Emory College, Bowdoin College, Bennington College, UMASS Amherst, University of Rochester
- Theater Related Organizations: Pearl Theatre Company, Celebration Barn, New England Center for Circus Arts, Ko Festival, South Eastern Theatre Conference, Here Arts Center, Bloomsburg Theatre Ensemble, Los Angeles Women’s Solo Festival, United Solo, The Tank, HERE Arts Center, soloNOVA at PS122, Network of Ensemble Theaters
- Internationally: Grupo Galpao in Brazil, Accademia dell’Arte in Arezzo Italy, Clowns Without Borders in Guatemala & El Salvador
Kali has had amazing teachers and mentors throughout her life, especially at Frontier Central School District, the University of Rochester, Hangar Lab Company, and the Dell’Arte International in Northern California. Part of her education was also serving on the board of the the Network of Ensemble Theaters from 2008-2014.