Kali is is originally from Buffalo and currently lives in Southeastern Vermont. She welcomes students and colleagues at her home/center there and often travels to visit organizations throughout the US.
Compassionate Creativity is a process that cultivates self-care through one’s expression of caring for the world. With performances, curriculum, and mentorship, Kali aims to encourage people of all ages how to value times of uncertainy as opportunities to celebrate life through play. Compassionate Creativity focuses on integrating love, work, play and intergenerational community, and values everything as a relationship, everything as medicine, everything as a teacher, everyone as an artist/activist.
- Medical: Full Circle Festival on the Heart & Art of Aging in Burlington Vermont, Creative Medicine Series at Brown University, Artist and Scientists as Partners Symposium at Brown University
- Academic: MIT, Muhlenberg College, Brown University, Trinity Rep, Boston University, Bucknell University, Duke University, McDonogh School, Williams College, Mississippi University for Women, Coastal Carolina, Vermont Academy, Putney School, Emory College, Bowdoin College, Bennington College, UMASS Amherst, University of Rochester
- Theater Related Organizations: Pearl Theatre Company, Celebration Barn, New England Center for Circus Arts, Ko Festival, South Eastern Theatre Conference, Here Arts Center, Bloomsburg Theatre Ensemble, Los Angeles Women’s Solo Festival, United Solo, The Tank, HERE Arts Center, soloNOVA at PS122, Network of Ensemble Theaters
- Internationally: Grupo Galpao in Brazil, Accademia dell’Arte in Arezzo Italy, Clowns Without Borders in Guatemala & El Salvador
- Business: United Natural Foods, Bellows Falls Opera House, & Providence Arts, Culture & Tourism
Previous work experience includes:
Kali has had amazing teachers and mentors throughout her life, especially at Frontier Central School District, the University of Rochester, Hangar Lab Company, and the Dell’Arte International in Northern California. Part of her education was also serving on the board of the the Network of Ensemble Theaters from 2008-2014.